International Women’s Spread Aubrey

Reintroducing my absolute best friend, Aubrey, or as I affectionately refer to them, Fake Big Bro. She's more responsible than me and helps me stay responsible when I need it. She's creative in many aspects, and we're even coauthors. She's also very accepting of others. 

Kaylyn Gabbert: I know I interviewed you last year, but we've gotten so much closer since last year that I had to ask you back. 

Aubrey: I mean, super close. We shared [redacted]

KG: NOT adding all of that!!!

Aubrey: No, that can be off record.

KG: *laughs* You are such a pain in the ass, but I love you so much Fake Big Bro 💖


KG: So first, since we’ve seen each other as “Fake Bros" since your last interview, how do you see family? 

Aubrey: As complicated. You're born into a family through birth, but an actual family is found even if they're not blood related.

KG: Makes sense. You know my take on family, but for the interview want me to share it as well?

Aubrey: Of course

KG: Family are people who love you unconditionally even if you don't 100% agree on their life choices. You may be related by blood, bond, or marriage, but the love is a two-way street. You are there for another through thick and thin no matter how much time has passed since you last spoke.

Au: That's a good POV as well.



KG: What brought you into writing? 

Aubrey: I got bored one day and wanted to write. My book, even though it's unpublished, will be 15 years old in February.

KG: That's awesome. And my first serious book is about the same age, also unpublished. 😊


KG: Since I loved your writing so much we became co-authors this is a two-parter.

What is your favorite thing about coauthoring? 

Aubrey: Being able to brainstorm ideas together. Two heads are better than one. There are different aspects that a writer doesn't cone up with that might change the story to be better.

KG: What's the hardest thing about coauthoring?

Aubrey: When both authors get writers block 😣

KG: Should I add my answer both?

Aubrey: Sure

KG: Best thing: When both minds are flooded with ideas

Worst: When coauthors schedules conflict 😢


KG: Since some of our book has so many songs, what are some of your favorite genres of music? 

Aubrey: Metal, classical and reggae are always my jam.

KG: Any bands you want to share?

Aubrey: In This Moment, Beast in Black, Rob Zombie, Slipknot, Mushroomhead, Chopin, Bach, and Bob Marley.


KG: Your latest creative venture is crocheting. What got you started on that? 

Aubrey: I was crocheting with white yarn and accidentally made the tail longer than it should have been. It was, as Bob Ross puts it, "a happy accident."

KG: That’s awesome. 🥰 What are some of your favorite things to crochet? 

Aubrey: I enjoy the plushies but also making cup saucers/small doilies


KG: Do you still can your own food? 

Aubrey: Not at the moment, but I want to get back into it.



Crochet plushies Fake Big Bro Aubrey sent me. 


Aubrey’s interview from last year: https://kaylynsworldimaginaryandnot.blogspot.com/2023/03/international-womens-month-collection_10.html


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Treasured Memories Part II

Treasured Memories

What a Wonderful Day!